Kiranti is a healthy drink to help relieve menstrual pain. It is included in the Standardized Herbal Medicine category.
This drink eases women through their monthly menstrual cycle. It is made of standardized natural ingredients (herbs) that have been scientifically and clinically proven to be safe and beneficial.
Kiranti is available in variants such as Sehat Datang Bulan (Healthy Menstruation), Pegal Linu (Sore Muscles), and Sehat Datang Bulan Plus Juice.
Types of Kiranti and Dosage Considerations
Kiranti is available in a variety of flavors with different benefits, including:
Kiranti Sehat Datang Bulan Original (For Healthy Menstruation)
Kiranti Sehat Datang Bulan Original is the first packaged tamarind beverage in Indonesia. It contains 100% fresh turmeric and selected natural ingredients. It is effective for relieving pain and other menstrual problems.
Dosage considerations for Kiranti Sehat Datang Bulan Original:
- Consume it 3 days before to 3 days after menstruation.
- Drink 1 to 2 bottles per day before, during and after menstruation.
Kiranti Sehat Datang Bulan Orange Flavor (For Healthy Menstruation)
Kiranti Sehat Datang Bulan Orange Flavor is a turmeric-tamarind made of 100% fresh turmeric and other selected natural ingredients, while the orange fruit is for a fresher taste.
This variant can help alleviate problems related to menstruation.
It is recommended to drink 1 to 2 bottles per day before, during and after menstruation.
Kiranti Pegal Linu Honey Ginger (For Sore Muscles)
Kiranti Pegal Linu Honey Ginger contains a combination of ginger and honey as the main ingredient. This variant of Kiranti can help relieve joint pain and keep your body warm.
Dosage recommendation for Kiranti Pegal Linu Honey Ginger: Drink 1 to 2 bottles a day during, or after activities.
Drink according to the instructions on the label or as directed by your doctor.
- Before consuming Kiranti, read all the information provided on the package. You can read a complete list of possible side effects after consuming Kiranti.
- Before drinking Kiranti, be sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients contained or if you have any other allergies. It is best to discuss it with your doctor first if you have any underlying health problems.
- Do not take Kiranti more than the recommended dose. It is enough to drink 1 to 2 bottles per day before, during and after your period.
- Keep the product away from direct sun exposure and children.
- It is unknown whether Kiranti is safe for expectant mothers–as pregnant women usually do not experience menstruation. It’s best to discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- It is unknown whether Kiranti passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breastfeeding.
How to Relieve Menstrual Cramps with Kiranti
Take the following steps to help ease menstrual pain:
- Exercise regularly. Physical activity, including sexual intercourse, may help relieve menstrual cramps for some women.
- Soaking in a hot bath or using a heating pad may also ease menstrual cramps. You can use a hot water bottle or heat patch on your lower abdomen.
- Several studies have shown that vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B-1 (thiamin), vitamin B-6, and magnesium supplements may help alleviate menstrual cramps.
- Reduce stress – as psychological stress can increase the risk of menstrual cramps and their severity.
What is Kiranti Used For
Many women experience painful menstrual periods, also known as dysmenorrhea. The pain is most often menstrual cramps – which are a throbbing, cramping pain in the lower abdomen.
You may also experience other symptoms, such as lower back pain, nausea, diarrhea, and headaches. Menstrual pain is not the same as premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
PMS causes many different symptoms, including weight gain, flatulence, irritability, and fatigue. PMS often begins one to two weeks before menstruation starts.
Kiranti drinks are beneficial for relieving pain and other menstrual problems. It is also effective in alleviating muscle ache and joint pain, as well as keeping your body warm.
Kiranti contains turmeric – which may actually make acid reflux worse. Several studies have shown that consuming turmeric three times a day for 8 weeks does not improve acid reflux.
In addition, consumption of turmeric powder four times a day for 6 weeks is less effective than taking antacids.
Below are several important precautions you should know before consuming Kiranti:
- Pregnancy: Turmeric may be unsafe when taken by mouth in medicinal amounts during pregnancy. It may increase menstrual periods or stimulate the uterus, and put the pregnancy at risk
- Gallbladder problems: Turmeric can make gallbladder problems worse. Do not use turmeric if you have gallstones or blocked bile ducts.
- Bleeding problems: Consuming turmeric might slow blood clotting. This may increase the risk of bruising and bleeding in people with bleeding disorders.
- Iron deficiency: Consuming high amounts of turmeric may prevent iron absorption. Turmeric should be used with caution in people with iron deficiency.
- Liver disease: There is a concern that turmeric may damage the liver, particularly in people who have liver disease. Do not use turmeric if you have liver problems
- Surgery: Turmeric might slow blood clotting. It might cause extra bleeding during and after surgery. Stop using turmeric at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
Kiranti Drug Interactions
Your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of possible drug interactions and may be monitoring your condition. Do not start, stop or change the dose of any medicine before consulting your doctor first.
Before taking Kiranti, tell your doctor or pharmacist of any current prescription, nonprescription products, or other herbal medicines you are using. List all medications and share it with your doctor and pharmacist.
List of Kiranti Side Effects
Kiranti products contain turmeric. Turmeric may be safe when taken by mouth in the short term.
A turmeric product that contains up to 8 grams of curcumin daily appears to be safe for at least 2 month consumption, and 3 grams of turmeric appears to be safe for at least 3 month consumption
Turmeric normally does not cause serious side effects. Some people may experience mild side effects such as:
- Stomach upsets
Make an appointment with your doctor or pharmacist through Smarter Health to find out more about the recommended dosage for Kiranti and its proper use based on your condition. Smarter Health allows you to access healthcare services whenever you need them.