Ask a Cardiologist: Dr Tee Chee Hian from Sunway Medical Centre Velocity Malaysia

Ask a Doctor ForumCategory: CardiologyAsk a Cardiologist: Dr Tee Chee Hian from Sunway Medical Centre Velocity Malaysia
Tee Chee Hian - Dokter Jantung - Cardiology (Heart & Vascular) - Sunway Medical Centre Velocitydr. Tee Chee Hian asked 2 years ago
I am Dr. Tee Chee Hian, Cardiologist at Sunway Medical Centre Velocity, a comprehensive private hospital in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My clinical focus covers:
  • Echocardiography
  • Stress Test
  • Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram
  • Holter monitoring
  • ABPM
My procedural focus includes:
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Coronary Angioplasty
  • Rotational Atherectomy
  • Orbital Atherectomy
  • IVUS
  • FFR
  • Pacemaker implantation
My educational qualifications include:
  • MD, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
  • MMed Internal Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS)
  • Member of Royal College of Physicians (UnitedKingdom)
  • Memberof Royal College of Physicians (London)
I currently hold memberships in the Malaysia Medical Association (MMA), the National Heart Association of Malaysia (NHAM), and the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Intervention (SCAI), United States. Learn more about Sunway Medical Centre Velocity here: Learn more about me here: I am excited to be here to share/discuss Cardiovascular Health with everyone. Whether you've got questions about cardiovascular conditions, cardiovascular treatments or how to maintain good heart health, ask me anything! === Want to ask a question? Submit your question at the bottom of this page. Don’t forget to include your name and email address to get notified when the doctor answers your question.
15 Answers
Narenda Zarkasih answered 2 years ago
Doctor, my younger brother is 20 years old and was diagnosed with an enlarged heart. Now my family is discussing the best treatment with our doctor. If you don’t mind, I want to have a second opinion from you. What factors should we consider, knowing my brother is very young and I don’t want him to have further problems in his life if this disease is not fully treated.
dr. Tee Chee Hian replied 2 years ago

I need to know more about how your brother got his diagnosis – was it through an echocardiogram or other methods? In general, an enlarged heart is caused by many factors such as obesity, coronary heart disease, valve problems and so on. We need to check on his heart function – if the heart is functioning poorly and there is heart failure, a patient should not drink too much water. A less salty diet also needs to be recommended. People who have an enlarged heart should not have heart failure. If there is heart failure, apart from diet and water consumption restrictions, heart failure medication is also needed. I recommend that your brother get further tests in order to get a proper diagnosis.

hero answered 2 years ago
Doctor, I want to ask, what condition am I suffering from if I experience pain in the left chest?
dr. Tee Chee Hian replied 2 years ago

Pain in the left chest can be caused by many problems. The most important thing is that you need a heart check to make sure the pain is not caused by coronary heart disease. There are many tests that can be done including an echocardiogram, treadmill stress test and CT coronary angiogram. However, the pain in the left chest needs to be examined further.

Rahman Hakim answered 2 years ago
Doctor, do I still need blood thinning medicine if I already have a stent in my heart?
dr. Tee Chee Hian replied 2 years ago

Blood thinning medicines need to be taken continuously after implanting the stent.

Prastika Mufni answered 2 years ago
Doctor, I have pain in my chest and short breath. Two days ago, I rubbed my chest with medicated oil but it is now swollen and reddened. What should I do?
dr. Tee Chee Hian replied 2 years ago

Do not rub with medicated oil again. There is already inflammation on the chest due to rubbing with medication oil. If you have chest pain and shortness of breath, you should immediately go to a doctor for further treatment to find out if there is coronary heart disease.

Richard answered 2 years ago
Good afternoon. My father has a blockage in his heart that is caused by plaque. Besides taking cholesterol medication, what should he do?
dr. Tee Chee Hian replied 2 years ago

He will need to take blood thinning medicines too. It is necessary to pay attention to other risks such as diabetes, hypertension. If he smokes, it is important to stop smoking.

Tika Maharani answered 2 years ago
Doctor, can a child with congenital heart disease live normally?
dr. Tee Chee Hian replied 2 years ago

Yes, he can live a normal life if his condition is properly maintained and he does regular follow ups with his doctor.

lisa answered 2 years ago
Dear doctor, my ECG result was: "sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia with occasional premature ventricular complexes", below 10%. Am I in a dangerous condition? Is there any necessary treatment for me?
dr. Tee Chee Hian replied 2 years ago

It is not dangerous. But if there are symptoms such as pounding palpitations, further examination is needed.

Maria saldanha answered 2 years ago
Doctor, I have been having pain in my chest and back, and feeling drained out, since 3 years ago. Is there any explanation to this?
dr. Tee Chee Hian replied 2 years ago

Three years of pain in the chest and back can be caused by many things. I suggest you go to the hospital for blood and heart tests.

Putri Devi answered 2 years ago
Doctor, these 2 nights, I wake up in the middle of the night to feel my heart beating fast and I have cold sweats. I cannot go back to sleep afterwards. It will make me weak all day. Should I have an examination for my heart?
dr. Tee Chee Hian replied 2 years ago

Yes, you need to check your heart to make sure it's not coronary heart disease. You also need to check the blood to make sure the thyroid is normal.

Luky Amir answered 2 years ago
I have been feeling pain in my chest for more than one year. It also gives me cold sweat and imbalance when it recurs. I did a general check up once, but the result was fine. Please give me your advice, Doctor. What examination should I undergo?
dr. Tee Chee Hian replied 2 years ago

It is necessary to check the pain in your chest with a coronary CT scan and MRI of the brain to make sure there is no stroke or coronary heart disease.

Your Question

Share this thread with a friend:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Your compare list