I am Dr. Aqilah Othman, Oncologist at Sunway Medical Centre based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My clinical focus includes:
- Systemic therapy for adult cancers
- Systemic anti-cancer therapy: Chemotherapy, targeted therapy, hormone/endocrine therapy, immunotherapy
- Radiotherapy: External beam radiotherapy, IMRT, VMAT, SABR/SBRT
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Clinical Oncology, United Kingdom
- Fellow of Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR), United Kingdom
- Member of Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), United Kingdom
- University of Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Doctor, in 2018, I had surgery to remove a cyst from my breast. After that, I routinely checked in with a doctor and my condition was fine. But this month, I felt a new lump on my breast. I am afraid this time the lump is malignant. Does someone who had a cyst have a higher risk of breast cancer, Doc?
My mother is a cancer survivor. She had a mastectomy for one of her breasts. Thank God she is healthy now. However, despite my gratitude, I worry about inheriting the same disease. What should I do to avoid cancer? I am now 28. My lifestyle is normal, not so healthy. I quit smoking 2 years ago. Please give me your advice, Doc, since I heard that someone with a family history of cancer is at higher risk.
My oldest sister had stage-2 ovarian cancer. Her doctor said her ovary should be removed. My question is, what is the risk of having her ovary removed?
Is it true that if both of the ovaries don't function, it can lead to cancer and finally the removal of the womb? Is there any other solution? Please give your advice, Doc. Thanks
There are several lumps that appear on my body, such as on the neck, near the armpit, and on my back. The lumps don’t hurt and are a bit hard. I am worried because there are online articles that say these are cancer symptoms.
I want to ask - if I have undergone surgery and chemotherapy is suggested to me, can I do immunotherapy?
Doctor, what are the signs of lymph gland disease? And where is the lymph node located?