Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon: Dr Lee Eu Jin from Mount Elizabeth Hospital Singapore

Ask a Doctor ForumCategory: Orthopaedic SurgeryAsk an Orthopaedic Surgeon: Dr Lee Eu Jin from Mount Elizabeth Hospital Singapore
dr. Lee Eu Jin asked 3 years ago
I am Dr Lee Eu Jin, Orthopaedic Surgeon at Liberty Orthopaedic Clinic based in Mount Elizabeth (Orchard) Hospital Singapore. I specialise in joint reconstruction and sports surgery for the hip and knee, joint replacement surgery, including total hip replacement, total and partial knee replacement. I am also able to perform arthroscopic key-hole surgery, arthroscopic ligament reconstruction of the knee, minimally invasive techniques, and computer aided surgery. I graduated from Guy's, King's and St Thomas' School of Medicine, London (United Kingdom) completed my fellowships in Bern, Switzerland, at the Inselspital (University of Bern), Klinik Sonnenhof and at the MEM Research Centre. I work closely with the orthopaedic industry in the development of new implants and techniques. I was part of the team in the development of the Dynamic Intraligamental Stabilisation system for anterior cruciate ligament repairs with Mathys European Orthopaedics. This revolutionary technique in cruciate ligament treatment is currently undergoing a Phase 3 evaluation in Europe and I hope to be the first to bring this technique to Asia. Prior to entering private practice, I was a consultant with Khoo Teck Puat Hospital in Singapore. I am actively involved in international specialist surgeon training for joint replacement surgery and I lecture as a senior clinical lecturer at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Learn more about Mount Elizabeth Hospital here: Learn more about me here: I am excited to be here to share/discuss Bone & Joint Health with everyone. Whether you've got questions about orthopaedic conditions, key-hole treatments and replacement surgery, or how to maintain good bone health, ask me anything! === Want to ask a question? Submit your question at the bottom of this page. Don’t forget to include your name and email address to get notified when the doctor answers your question.

* Keen to tele-consult with Dr Lee Eu Jin? Leave your details at and we’ll help arrange an appointment. Dr Lee Eu Jin's tele-consultation fee is at SGD150 excl GST. 50% of the tele-consultation fee will be refunded to you when you consult Dr Lee Eu Jin in-person in Singapore once the travel borders open. 

105 Answers
Nicholas answered 2 years ago

For the last two weeks, my right knee has been throbbing painfully. I am an active cyclist and the pain has hindered me from my cycling routine. I am 31 years old and have not had knee injuries prior to this. Is this some sort of muscle or bone issue?

Rosnah answered 2 years ago

I have a habit of asking my young kids to step on my back to crack my back joints. A few days ago, after they did it, I felt sharp pain in my spine and when I sit up, the pain got worse. Should I wait and see if it goes away or should I see a doctor?

Eeren answered 2 years ago

I broke my arm close to 10 years back and it was only casted and I did not undergo surgery for it because the doctor said something about my bones being not suitable Because of that, I cannot straighten my arm fully. Now that I am older at 47 years old, I am worried about osteoporosis. My question is, is there a point in undergoing treatment for osteoporosis to prevent bone loss when my bones are already not good?

Choong Kiat answered 2 years ago

About a week ago, I slipped in the bathroom and ended up bending my right big toe with all my body weight on it. I iced it and while the swelling has gone down, the toe still feels painful. Should I see a bone specialist for it or are these accidents common and the pain will go away after a while?

Tay seoh leng answered 1 year ago
can ice or heat pad help in carpal tunnel syndrome
dr. Lee Eu Jin replied 1 year ago

hello and thank you for contacting us. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where the nerve at the wrist (median nerve) is compressed as it travels its course in the Carpal tunnel. As this is a mechanical problem, icing or the application of heat will not solve the problem. in the more severe cases, surgery may be needed to decompress the carpal tunnel to fix the problem. Do feel free to contact us for a formal consult if you require further assistance.

« Previous 1 9 10 11
Your Question

Share this thread with a friend:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Your compare list