Gleneagles Hospital Penang is a medical icon of high-quality medical services in the northern region of Malaysia. Gleneagles Hospital Penang has an inpatient capacity of up to 360 patients, and is supported by 900 nurses, health personnel, and 60 doctors as well as 20 professional medical consultants.
Gleneagles Hospital Penang is the first private hospital in Penang & northern Malaysia to be accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality of Health (MSQH), an organization that promotes & improves the quality of healthcare services.
Gleneagles Hospital Penang has received various awards, one of which is the gold prize at Kwong Wah Yit Poh, Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Spirit Award 2018.
Services & Facilities at Gleneagles Hospital Penang
Capacity of Gleneagles Hospital Penang:
- 360 inpatient rooms
Facilities of Gleneagles Hospital Penang include:
- 10 operation theatres
- 80 medical consultation rooms
- Cardiac Catheterisation Lab
- Neurophysiology Lab
- Paediatric Clinic
- Kidney Stone Treatment Centre
- Haemodialysis Centre
- Rehabilitation Centre
- Oncology and Haematology treatment Unit
Medical Specialties at Gleneagles Hospital Penang
Doctors at Gleneagles Hospital Penang have varied medical specialties, such as:
- Breast & Endocrine Surgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery (Adult & Children)
- Psychiatry (Adult & Children)
- Children’s Psychological Development
- Colorectal Surgery
- Ear, Nose, & Throat Surgery (ENT)
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- General Medicine
- General surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology (O&G)
- Haematology & Oncology
- Hand and Microsurgery
- Maxillofacial/Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Tropical Disease and Infection
- Interventional Cardiology
- Interventional Radiology
Doctor Recommendations at Gleneagles Hospital Penang
The following is a list of specialist doctors available at Gleneagles Hospital Penang:
Operating Hours at Gleneagles Hospital Penang
- Monday – Friday, 8.30 – 16.30, local time.
Saturday, 8.30 – 13.00, local time.
Doctors are not available on Sunday and Public Holiday.
You are advised to check the doctor’s on-leave schedule one month in advance.
Room Rates at Gleneagles Gleneagles Hospital Penang
- Doctor’s consultation fee starts from RM100
- Inpatient room rates at Gleneagles Hospital Penang starts from RM100.
- Patient care starts from RM80.
- For inpatient service, a deposit starting from RM2,500 is required.
All the prices above are subject to change without prior notice.
Medical Check Up Costs at Gleneagles Hospital Penang
Gleneagles Hospital Penang's Address
1, Jalan Pangkor 10050 Penang, Malaysia.
Patients’ Guide to Gleneagles Hospital Penang
- Contact us to confirm your preferred doctor’s schedule, or find a doctor within your budget
- Make sure your passport is still valid for 6 months, before deciding to seek medical treatment at Gleneagles Hospital Penang.
- Bring an insurance card and letter of guarantee as confirmation that your treatment is covered by your insurance company
- Request and bring the most recent medical records.
- Bring essentials such as pyjamas, sandals, dental kit, as well as your regularly-consumed medicines/vitamins if you are undergoing inpatient care
Recommended Hotels at Gleneagles Hospital Penang
You can find several hotels within walking distance of Gleneagles Hospital Penang:
- Sky Suites, about a 10-minute walk from the hospital.
- Vouk Hotel Suites, about a 10-minute walk from the hospital.
- Sunrise Gurney Seafront Duplex, about an 18-minute walk from the hospital.