- Respiratory Medical Associates (Gleneagles)
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- Respiratory Medical Associates (Novena)
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- Respiratory Medical Associates (Orchard)
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital Singapore
- Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital Singapore
- Gleneagles Hospital Singapore
- MBBS – National University of Singapore
- M Med (Emergency Med) – National University of Singapore
- MRCS (Surg) – Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- MRCP – Royal College of Physicians, UK
- M Med (Int Med) – National University of Singapore
- EDIC – European Society of Intensive Care Med, Belgium
Dr Chew Huck Chin is currently a consultant respiratory physician and intensivist at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital. Prior to this, he was a consultant at the Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Singapore General Hospital.
Dr Chew graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1999. He then obtained the Master of Medicine (Emergency Medicine ) and the MRCS(Edin) in 2003. He underwent specialty training in Emergency Medicine at Singapore General Hospital. Following this, he further obtained the Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine) and the MRCP(UK) in 2004 and underwent a second dual specialty training in Respiratory Medicine as well as Intensive Care Medicine at Singapore General Hospital. He was awarded the European Diploma in Intensive Care in 2009.
Dr Chew has been involved in numerous committees including treasurer and executive committee member for the Society of Emergency Medicine, Singapore 2004-2006 and treasurer for the Society of Intensive Care Medicine, Singapore, SgANZICS conference 2012-2013. In addition, he was also appointed to the Sengkang General Hospital Pro-Tem Committee as well as Clinical Service Planning Committee 2011 – 2013. He has been the supervisor to the Respiratory Therapy Department, Singapore General Hospital from 2012-2013, and has a keen interest in the advancing technology of non-invasive ventilation.
In addition to general respiratory medicine, Dr Chew has a special interest in Intensive Care Medicine , non-invasive ventilation as well as bronchoscopy. He is well versed in aspects of advanced ventilator support including extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation , airway pressure release ventilation, high frequency oscillatory ventilation and advanced bronchoscopic techniques such as endobronchial ultrasound guided transbronchial needle aspiration.
Have a question for Dr Chew Huck Chin?
Ask the medical experts in person on the Smarter Health Forum.
Recommend this doctor to a friend: