- Centre for Orthopaedics and Hip & Knee Surgery (Orchard)
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- Centre for Orthopaedics and Hip & Knee Surgery (Parkway East)
Parkway East Medical Centre
- Centre for Orthopaedics and Hip & Knee Surgery (Novena)
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- Farrer Park Hospital Singapore
- Parkway East Hospital Singapore
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital Singapore
- Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital Singapore
- MBBS – National University of Singapore
- FRCSEd (Gen Surg) – Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- M Med (Surg) – National University of Singapore
- FRCS (Gen Surg) – Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow, United Kingdom
English, Chinese, Malay, Bahasa Indonesia
Dr Jeffrey Chew is a practicing consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital and Parkway East Hospital. He graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1989 and completed his postgraduate degree in 1994. His current sub-specialty interests are in hip and knee joint replacements as well as the treatment of arthritis. Dr Chew is one of the largest users of the robot in robotic joint replacement (MAKOplasty) in the ASEAN region. He also treats sports injuries around the hip and the knee.
Dr Chew received the Russell Hibbs award from the Scoliosis Research Society as well as several scholarships to conduct biomechanics research at the Mayo Clinic Biomechanics Laboratory studying patello femoral tracking on various knee designs.
He is a graduate of the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Adult Reconstructive Division, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota where he studied joint replacement surgery.
Dr Chew is the co-design of the PFC Sigma RPF High Flex Knee prosthesis (Johnson and Johnson Medical) which is a knee prosthesis designed especially for the Asian population, to allow for better range of knee flexion. This new knee design is the only MOBILE BEARING HIGH FLEXED knee prosthesis that is currently approved for use by the FDA. This knee implant design allows both increased flexion angles as well as imparting higher stability at high flexion angles, for example, during squatting postures.
Dr Chew was also awarded the prestigious John Insall Travelling Fellowship Award from the American Knee Society to travel to the major centres in the USA to learn and to teach at the largest joint replacement centres in the world.
Recommend this doctor to a friend: